Who is Benjamin Howes?
I was born in Lancaster, Ohio a year before the Berlin Wall came down. The son of naturalist and a graphic designer, I was homeschooled and raised right outside the woods where I learned to draw, think, play music, and create.
After graduating from Ohio University, I moved to Columbus to take a job with a small software company. Ever since then I have been honing my craft and working with some of the coolest cats in town. I spent the last two years in a senior design role that also saw me overseeing project management and environment production duties. Now I'm independent and creating for people and brands I love.
My wife Perrie and I own a home in the Forest Park neighborhood of Columbus. We enjoy eating all over the city as well as running, cycling, and hiking. I also play bass and guitar and am always building my record collection. We also hired a Cockapoo to be our guard dog. Her name is Juniper.
B.S. in Visual Communications, 2011
• Safelite AutoGlass
• Wolf's Ridge Brewing
• Serif Creative
• GradLeaders (then called MBA Focus)
• Loose Rail Brewing / Harvest Moon Craft Kitchen
• John Rush for State Representative
• Lifepoint Church
A Visual Noise-Maker:
Innovative, problem-solving, funny, easy to work with, competent, and creative. These are some of the words that come to clients minds if you were to inquire about me.
As an 8-year veteran of graphic design, my responsibilities have included:
• Logo and brand identity design.
• A full-spectrum of design for print (reports, brochures, books, music albums, etc.).
• Brand implementation across multiple collateral and channels.
• Online marketing and custom email templates.
• Streamlining UI/UX for customer facing websites.
• Social media post scheduling and strategy.
• Content creation for web and social media.
• Copywriting for marketing and product end use.
• Search-engine optimization.
• Website wire-framing and development.
• Research and brand strategy.