Who is Benjamin Howes?
I was born of fire and mud in the city of Lancaster in the great state of Ohio in the year 1988. The son of naturalist and a graphic designer, I was homeschooled and raised right outside the woods where I learned to draw, think, play music, and create.
After graduating from Ohio University, I moved to Columbus to take a job with a small software company. I then served as a senior designer at an in-house agency and in mid-2017 decided to paddle my own canoe full-time on the river of self-employment Ever since then I have been honing my craft and working with some of the raddest brands in the world. I love what I do and I love who I do it for.
My wife Perrie and I own a home in northeast Columbus and I work out of a studio space in Clintonville. We enjoy eating all over the city as well as running, cycling, concert-going, kayaking, and hiking. I also play bass and guitar and am always building my record and book libraries. I am a practicing Stoic and am constantly working on being both a better designer and a better man. We also hired a Cockapoo to be our guard dog. Her name is Juniper.
B.S. in Visual Communications, 2011
• Safelite AutoGlass
• Wolf's Ridge Brewing
• Serif Creative
• GradLeaders (then called MBA Focus)
• Loose Rail Brewing / Harvest Moon Craft Kitchen
Why You’ll Like Me:
Innovative, confident, decisive, problem-solving, funny, easy to work with, competent, and creative. These are some of the words that come to clients minds if you were to inquire about me.
As a 9-year veteran of graphic design, my responsibilities have included:
• Logo and brand identity design.
• A full-spectrum of design for print (reports, brochures, books, music albums, etc.).
• Brand implementation across multiple collateral and channels.
• Online marketing and custom email templates.
• Streamlining UI/UX for customer facing websites.
• Social media post scheduling and strategy.
• Content creation for web and social media.
• Copywriting for marketing and product end use.
• Search-engine optimization.
• Website wire-framing and development.
• Research and brand strategy.
Get in touch:
So now that you've taken some time to get to know me, I'd love to hear from you. Chances are, you and I would be a great fit and the only thing left for us to do is get in contact. I am open to any and all questions and inquiries.